- This section of BeyondMissing allows a parent to create a Missing Child Flyer.
- During the flyer creation process, you have the option to translate the flyer into Spanish.
- You will be able to go back into your flyer at any time to modify the information or update the photos.
Before You Start
BeyondMissing recommends that you take logical, age appropriate actions to locate your missing child.
- Is your child a toddler? Have you searched the entire house? Toddlers can and will get into spaces that any adult would not even think about going into. Check crawl spaces, under beds, closets, and so on.
- Is your child a pre-teen or teen? Have you checked with friends and their family members? Could there be some school activities that you are not aware of?
If Your Child Is Still Missing
- Immediately call 911.
- Contact all law enforcement (police, sheriff, state police, FBI, any adjoining jurisdictional law enforcement, and store/mall security forces).
Request that your child's case be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
- Contact media assignment desks to inform them that your child is missing.
- If you still have not located your child, BeyondMissing recommends that you contact regional or national child locater services. see our Links section
- If your child has run away, immediately contact the National Runaway Hotline (also known as the National Runaway Switchboard).
- Additional information may be available from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children|
(800) THE-LOST or (800) 843-5678
- Create your own Missing Child flyer using the BeyondMissing Parent Flyer Tool.
Last Modified: Wednesday, January 13, 2010